Take a private day trip from Marrakech and explore the UNESCO-listed village of Ait Ben Haddou. You'll travel in a modern air-conditioned vehicle through the Atlas Mountains, arriving at the impressive Kasbah. This famous Kasbah has been featured in many films. In Ouarzazate, known as the gateway to the Sahara Desert, you'll have the opportunity to visit the renowned Atlas Film Studios and the ancient Kasbah of Taourirt. Experience the captivating history, culture, and cinematic charm of these destinations.
- Explore Ouarzazate, the gateway to the Moroccan Sahara, on a 1-day excursion from Marrakech.
- Admire the fortified village of Ait Ben Haddou.
- Travel through the High Atlas Mountains.
- Enjoy the scenery of the snow-capped peaks of the Atlas Mountains and the Tizi N'tichka pass.
- Take the ancient caravan trade route from Telouet to Ksar Ait Ben Haddou.
- Discover the famous Atlas Film Studios.
- Pick-up from your Riad or hotel in Marrakech
- English-speaking driver
- Transfer to your hotel/Riad where you are staying
- Private and exclusive tour, with no other people in the group except for your partner, family, or friends
And most importantly, Excellent Service 🙂
- Optional local guide
- Entrance fees to monuments (if any)
- Personal expenses
Marrakech - Ait Benhaddou Kasbah - Ouarzazate
Approx. 3:30-hour trip
We will start our full-day excursion from Marrakech at 8 in the morning, heading towards Ouarzazate. Along the way, we will enjoy the spectacular views of the valleys in the area and visit Berber villages known for selling semi-precious stones. As we continue south, the mountainous landscape transforms into a semi-desert. In this area, we will discover typical houses built with mud and straw.
The most famous visit of this one-day tour from Marrakech is Ait Benhaddou Kasbah, declared a UNESCO World Heritage site, and one of the best-preserved fortified cities in the country. Its unique architecture and surroundings have made it an ideal location for filming many movies and TV series. Some of the fantastic productions that have featured this Kasbah include Gladiator, Kingdom of Heaven, Babel, Prince of Persia, The Mummy, and, of course, Game of Thrones (it is the city that Daenerys Targaryen visits in the last episode of the third season).
During this 1-day excursion from Marrakech, we will take a panoramic tour of the city and visit the former residence of Pacha El Glaoui. Additionally, to complement this Marrakech to Ouarzazate excursion, we will visit Atlas Films Studios, where many scenes from the mentioned movies were filmed. This will allow us to discover the cinematographic importance of this region of the country.
Our 1-day excursion to Ouarzazate and Ait Benhaddou will conclude in the afternoon at your hotel or Riad in Marrakech.
Things to know
- The price of the private excursion from Marrakech per person depends on the number of participants in your group.
- The indicated driving times do not include stops for sightseeing, taking photos, eating, and having coffee.
- The pick-up time for your one-day excursion from Marrakech to Ouarzazate can be flexible. It is recommended to be between 07:30 and 08:00 in the morning.
- The Marrakech to Ouarzazate and Ait Benhaddou day trip may be lengthy, so be prepared! Nevertheless, if you have sufficient time, consider one of our desert excursions to optimize your journey.
- You can complement your trip in Morocco with one of our activities in Marrakech.